Wednesday 18 February 2015

Embroidery Crit

Last week after the first embroidery Crit I considered all the comments given to me as a platform to start with for the next 10-15 samples which had to be done for this week. I found that with the sample below;




I found that with this sample the ideas were there, however I could feel my sample becoming smaller and smaller. Even though there was a print of a hand, which represented the sense of feel, I wanted the text ‘touch and feel’, which was machine embroidered, to look like it was cut off the roll. So this week I tried to bring that across within one or more of my samples for this week. Below is the sample which I applied what didn’t go so well from last week. 





From doing this sample I believe I can develop this even further. Instead of having just one continuous line. I am thinking of applying two more of the same design, which do the same sequence either end of the material. Whilst making this sample I found that using the pfaff and the benina together and how they complement each other really interesting and I want to bring this combination forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment