Sunday 21 February 2016

Birley


After coming back I have decided to collaborate with Gina as our ideas worked well together.
I have decided to focus on doing a workshop. I want to take what I am learning with art mentoring and Edlab also I would like the chance to research more on education and maybe focus my workshop on a secondary school or even a primary school age.
If possible I would like to do more than once workshop to get different responses from different ages (Kids, community, students, adults)

What’s going well?
The ideas are working well together complement each other well.
I have been offered the chance to go and deliver a workshop in a primary school in Stockport. I am hoping to gain from doing this a rough idea on what will be a suitable age to target my workshop at and ways in which I will engage the pupils.
Also from researching about Birley it’s brought my attention to the wide variety of sustainable materials available and coming across artists who do this very well such as Robert Bradford who recycles toys and creates sculptures.

What’s not going well?
Finding it hard to get ideas and kick started with the final workshop outcome.
Very unmotivated need to remember I’m still very new to planning my own workshops and I will get better with practise.

What to do next?

Start researching sustainable activities/workshops and take a visit to the Whitworth art gallery to view their workshop archives. Hopefully this will get ideas going.

No comments:

Post a Comment