Sunday 21 February 2016

Locating/ Birley/ Evaluation

The live brief has had mixed emotions for me. I began to enjoy the project however I found myself Forgetting that I am actually on a textiles course. However by doing the workshops it has made me think about if I still want to teach. As I found not being able to have fun being experimental as much as I would of liked too. Would this be something I would miss if I was too teach?
However that wouldn’t be the case as I love my job of running workshops and I still want to peruse this for the future just I think it has made me want to learn more myself and in the next project I would love to bring that playful experimental self I love so much.
Working with Gina was really fun we would meet up every other day and use facebook as a way of communicating. This was a really effective way of seeing what each of us had done and what we could do next.
The presentation was a real learning curve. The experience of presenting in front of a panel and Being up against others competing for the same commission really put into perspective what could
happen  if I was to ever go for a commission based work.
By doing the pitch i have learnt if I was to do this again I would of not played it so safe for the final outcome I could of pushed the final outcome maybe the plant pots created by the children could have been the banners? Define a banner? Gina’s digital work for her self brief project could have been worked through to the banners.


I agree with the advice given the final outcome of a banner doesn’t really draw people’s attention in however I believe for Birley me and Gina approached this well and if it was to go forward are commission we would have the appropriate imagery for them.
I would try to be more confident in what I am pitching. I felt even though I spoke well and answered the questions as well as I possibly could I don’t personally believe I got my idea of the workshop across as well as I would of liked too. However overall I really enjoyed the experience and I was happy with my final workshop outcome and mine and Gina’s final visualisations.


If I was to do a PowerPoint again I would carry on the theme through to the power point so I have a clear identity from the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment