Friday 8 May 2015

Research Part 2


By working as part of a group, I have learnt to keep things simple and not over complicate my ideas. I have learnt that it’s okay to go with just the one idea. It has helped to see others different ways of working. For example, the way they organise and narrow down ideas. By working within a group I have enjoyed having other people’s perspective on my work and it’s been really useful to know what outsiders may also think about it. Through the research process we, as a group, found it hard to agree on ideas and to visualise what each of us had in mind as we were all very different in our interests. After discussions we all agreed on what inspired us all as a group.

-Grey Tones

- Construction

- Edgy, sharp and unsafe features

-Having a structure for something to hang from

- A POP of colour
 

Through discussion, we decided as a group the colour pink wasn’t connected with construction and we agreed that yellows and limes against the grey tones were what we all wanted.
 
Here are how out mood boards have progressed over time.


By looking back at each stage from our research together I can see how much I have learnt about refining and making my ideas clear to an outsider, as well as to myself.

 
During the research stages, Hope and I met on a regular basis and worked closely to connect and bounce of each other’s ideas. We used FaceTime as a way to speak with other members of our group. However, the one way of communicating which I found worked well for all of us was using the Facebook group so share any progress we had made.

No comments:

Post a Comment