Friday 8 May 2015

The Begining Of Slots


To improve each of our practises we all decided on individual roles and to recognise the skills we could offer to the group piece. I knew I wanted to carry on my process of working with wood. After looking at inspiration from Dover Street’s displays I knew that I wanted to make a structure of some sort so I developed some initial ideas to share with the group.

And Re Walker Dover Street Display
 However, I was still very attached to all my old ideas and found it hard to communicate them with others within the group. Therefore, I had to make the decision to start afresh with the common ground we had established previously.

After seeing the display for And Re Walker I wanted to research how slots had been used by other practitioners. I came across the old wooden slotted animal toys, which were made by simple shapes to create something much more complicated.
Image found from Pintrest
 
Image Found from Pintrest
 
However I wanted to modernise this idea to be suitable for the pupils of the school of art. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment