Friday 8 May 2015

The Structure


The outcome of my structure I am happy with, the risk of not trying the structure out smaller scale first in wood was risky however the risk paid off.  If I was going to use slots again I now know that I do not have to have the slot too far in as it does not create a clean join if I was going to do this again I would experiment ways in which I could get the joint at the perfect angle. I am starting to really understand the material that is wood and I am really enjoying finding new ways in which I can transform the material.Below shows images of what the structure looked like when on the big laser cutter table and then what it looked like when slotted together.

 
 
 We wanted to get the pop of colour across in the structure aswell as the prints etc so after deciding on a tape which we all liked and agreed it was a perfect match we worked together to find a shade of grey which complimented the structure.

I have really enjoyed working with my group to help each other out and to make sure that there is a clear correlation in are work. The colour palette really brings are work together. By working as part of a team In this type of environment it has given me a idea of how it may be like to work and collaborate within the future. I have realised that having a role within the future provides patients, compromising and being able to trust that others within your group will do their tasks and yourself to get the task given done. By working as a group little tasks like carrying the structure and helping to paint the structure has been useful.



The Laser table was also a learning curve for me trying to understand how that worked and how working in big scale can be attempted and be successful and not just to stick to the small scale I think I will go into big scale in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment