Sunday 22 November 2015

Annabel Frearson



After a week of not knowing how to get my theme of dyslexia into my drawing work, I decided to take a trip to the Whitworth Art Gallery for more inspiration. It just so happened however that there was a talk happening from a woman called Annabel Frearson. I found the talk very confusing and it actually made me frustrated about how much I did not understand the vocabulary she was using during the talk. The academic vocab really put me off. However, I did take some information down and how she actually processes her ideas is interesting. The way she takes two books of interest, which may be talking about the same topic, or even completely different subjects it may just be the year they were made which draws her to them. She combines words together to make new words, in a way that is her little creation; she definitely thinks so. What did fascinate me was how she completely re-wrote the book of Frankenstein using Excel to make sure she wasn’t repeating any words and did not miss any. I loved the way she documented the amount of words. It looked like a database or a computer code. I really want to take this idea into drawings and then progress this into my illustrations.
 
Bad Brain Call



I at ohrenhoch, Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment