Sunday 22 November 2015

Mini Workshop

Workshop-Responses to what's given at hand
With remainder laser of cuttings I wanted to do a little workshop activity with other peers in my group. I went and cut up the same sized wood in the wood workshop and place the cuttings in front of them and gave them 5 minutes to reflect on what was given to them and for each person to individually respond to what is in front of them.
When watching them I could see there faces showing confusion and not really understanding how to take it. That’s how I feel when I am set with a writing task or I have to read a book.
I really enjoyed practising workshop skills.
I asked for feedback from each individual;

·         Georgia - Creating order out of the random choice of pieces, z being out of place, juxtaposed to the many circles, empty circles like pins. Pressure in time-scale, calm-concentration on circles.
·         Bukky- I thought it was funny and fun making a face. It was fun making patterns with the pieces and the pieces were interested shapes and fun to put together. I got frustrated when flo and Georgia tried to ruin my man.
·         Flo- I enjoyed the experience as I was able to play around with pattern and seeing how the shapes interacted with each other and how the shapes gave it different dimensions 
·         Steff: Lately I have gravitated towards the corner of a piece, which I realised I was doing again here. I think I'm doing it because I'm feeling very confused lately, and that's what the corner represents.


Myself I would of gone for the Z shape as that was a shape I found interesting and had the most to work with however when I asked why no one wanted to use it and went for the circle they said it looked weird and it was hard to work with. Very Complicated.




No comments:

Post a Comment